One Stop Pest Control provides flea fumigation services across Milton Keynes, Bletchley, Newport Pagnell & Buckinghamshire at cost-effective rates.
Our flea fumigators can remove flea infestations at cost-effective prices.
There are three different types of fleas; you have the Human Flea (Pulex Irritans), the Cat Flea(Ctenocephalides Felis) and the Dog Flea Ctenocephalides Canis). All adult fleas are flightless insects and are around 3 mm in size. They vary in colour from greyish through to dark mahogany. Their mouthparts evolved to sucking blood from their hosts, be it human or animal. The adult flea is parasitic, whereas the larvae are not. The larvae live on dust, fluff, dead skin and feathers.
Fleas Leave A Few Signs Of Their presence
- You will be able to see them in cracks in floorboards and the seams and tucks of mattresses.
- Pet's scratching excessively and biting themselves.
- Intensely irritated skin or patches of fur or hair loss.
Problems Flea's May Cause
- Although rare fleas carry disease, the dog flea is an intermediate host of tapeworm.
- Intense itching from flea bites.
- Hair/Fur loss from continuous biting.
- It can cause Dermatitis, a general and unpleasant skin condition caused by an allergy to flea saliva.
- Anaemia in Puppies and Kittens.
Flea Control Methods We Use
- Fumigation with effective pesticides
- Several Residual products are available for the treatment of both pets and humans.
- Cleaning your home a crucial step to eradicating a flea problem, making sure you vacuum, sweep and mop thoroughly. By doing so, you can help get eggs, larvae and pupae out of carpets, upholstery, tile and wooden floors.
Tips to Prevent Future Flea Infestation
- Ensure you wash all bedding as Human and pet fleas love to nest in the same place to continue feeding. Also, clean and sterilise or discard all pet toys as they will hide in them.
- After treating your home keep your pets on flea preventatives to keep them at bay.
- Spray your garden with Virbac yard spray or sentry yard and previse spray concentrate, ensuring you spray all bushes and shady areas. To prevent pets from bringing in fleas from the outside.
Other Insect Pest Control Services We Offer
For more information or a free no-obligation quote for Flea pest control and eradication in Milton Keynes, Bletchley & Newport Pagnell or the surrounding areas covered, contact us for a free quote.