Mice Pest Control Milton Keynes, Bletchley & Newport Pagnell
When you have a mice infestation in Milton Keynes, Bletchley & Newport Pagnell you need to call in a professional pest control service you can trust.
Mice, like rats, can cause problems your property and eradicating them can be burdensome as they typically live in inaccessible areas such as floors and walls.
One Stop Pest Control can assist the domestic and commercial customer with mice pest control services across Milton Keynes, Bletchley & Newport Pagnell and offer advice on how to repel future occurrences of a mouse infestation.
The house mouse is common in a wide range of Urban and Rural Buildings. It hardly lives outside as it does not compete well with other Mammals. There are two types of mouse, Mus Domesticus and Mus Musculus. They avoid wet, damp conditions and prefer dry conditions.
Mice leave many signs of their presence
- Droppings - Mice leave small pellets that have a pointed shape at the ends; you will tend to find these in cabinets, drawers and on counters.
- Holes - Check baseboards, foundations and areas near doorways.
- Wood Shavings - Mice usually cause damage to things due to their chewing; also keep an eye out for bite marks on the wood.
- Listen for sounds - You may be able to hear mice running around inside your walls, you may also listen to them gnawing at things.
Our pest control operatives can quickly identify the signs and level of the problem you face.
The Damage & Problems Mice Can Cause
Droppings or Urine - Humans can contract Lymphocytic Choriomeningitis, a fever that leads to neurological disease.
Fire Damage - A mouse can chew through wires in your home, which could lead to the risk of fire.
Carriers - Mice are carriers of Bacteria, Diseases, Parasites and Viruses.
Damage - They can cause structural damage to buildings.
Breeding - Mice breed throughout the year and each female can give birth up to 14 young each litter and can do this up to 10 times a year.
Mice Control Methods We Can Use
Electronic Mouse Trap - This is baited and uses smart Circuit Technology to sense when a mouse enters the unit and sends an electric shock killing the mouse.
Snap Trap - These are easy to set, easy to bait and easy to release and reuse made of durable plastic and steel.
Live Catch Trap - This is a cage design that allows air to circulate while the mouse is waiting to be released.
Anticoagulants - This blocks Vitamin K in the body. When this happens, the mouse cannot form blood clots and will eventually die.
Metal Phosphides - This poison is fast-acting and will kill a mouse in 1-3 days, usually containing zinc. They enter the body and cause toxic gas to form.
Hypercalcemia - This type of poison uses high levels of vitamins to kill a Rodent. The calcium absorption increases as rodents ingest more food. The levels are so high it affects the organs.
Prevention Tips for Future Mice Damage & Infestation
Once we have removed your mouse problem, there are a few simple tips you have used to prevent returning and effective mouse repellents, these include.
- Use Essential Oils - The strong smell of Peppermint Oil and Clove Oil seems to repel mice.
- Set Humane Traps - Place these in areas of your house most visited by mice and check every morning.
- Hot Pepper Solution - An alternative to poison that can sicken Pets and Children. Spray it in spots where mice frequently.
- Pack and Block - Pack steel wool into tight spaces mice, like to sneak in too. The steal is unpleasant to chew. Use Duct Tape on wires in places they often travel around.
- Store - Store foods that are typically on the floor in sealed storage containers and any pet foods that are usually on the floor, transfer to sealed packets.
If you require a free price quotation for mice pest control and eradication services in Milton Keynes, Bletchley & Newport Pagnell or the surrounding areas, please contact us.